Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Buggers Got Me


I feel like that girl except I feel sicker than she looks and I am not angry.

So get this... my children went to school two weeks ago, then each one gets sick, but not too bad. Then today, I suppose it was my turn to be ill because it slammed me. HARD.

Throat. Can't swallow without extreme pain. Tight upper chest which seizes and causes unwanted and unexpected coughing fits. This hurts my head. I think I am getting a fever. Aches. I have those all over, but mostly in my legs and back. I went from not sick to sick within two hours of feeling a tiny bit ill.

School is a sick pool. Of ick.

I have been kissing my kids on the lips since they were born. MY mistake. Cesspool goes right in the mouth. Oh, that and my daughter coughed directly in my face a few times without covering her mouth. Almost seemed on purpose. "Sorry Mom, it just came out of nowhere."

Yeah.

















My daughter.

*

8 comments:

Cocobong Soaps said...

oh yuck. i'm so sorry to hear that, colds are the devil. i curse them with all my might and still they sneak up on me. get well soon, chocolates on the way to speed things up

The Lazy Lacquerist said...

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of Vitamin C... tea and your bed, that's all that'll sort it. And if you have spots on your throat, off the doc you go!

The Soap Sister said...

Sorry to hear you're sick! Just came off of a 2 week sinus infection -I feel your pain!:( I'm back on my Vit.D now, helped tons last year. If I could I would make you some soup. Feel better soon!

Suds to Love said...

Ack, kids + school = germies...get well soon!

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're out of commission right now. Take care of yourself. And keep kissing your kids: it's the dirty hands that spread more germs.

Amy Warden said...

Yuck. Hope you are feeling MUCH better soon! I thought my girls were sick the day after they came home from school, but then my youngest started scratching her eyes out along with the runny nose, and I realized it's just allergies.

Splurge Sisters said...

Oh I hope you get well soon, it's awful being sick.