Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Photos For The New Cubano - Now Curing

Cubano, First cut, just exposed to air. Looks all caramel-like. It's too bad it doesn't get to stay like that, but it gets darker the longer it's exposed to the air.


This is a picture of the regular sized bar and the jumbo which is the one I cut samples from or chop up for my own shower.

Cubano - I am enjoying the strange maze/granite-like designs going on in there.

I improved the scent: now with thick rich French cocoa absolute, Brazilian pressed coffee oil, instead of the fragrance oils and I have added a few drops of patchouli oil to add a bit of depth. Can't smell the patchouli essential oil, but the depth its created is there.

I am happy with it.

Curing. Will be ready for sale: My BIRTHDAY: July 11th!!

10 comments:

dcyrill said...

Those look lovely. I think I can smell it through the screen. LOL Happy Born Day fellow July Baby. Mine is 7/13.

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

Jo, this is a beautiful soap. I love how you get that line around it (top pic).
Really really lovely x

Edith said...

Wow that is beautiful well done!

A Wanderers Soul said...

Mmmm this sounds just lovely! I love the beautiful, rich caramel color. Wonderful!

The Soap Sister said...

Ohhh, that first picture looks like a big 'ol chocolate-covered caramel to me! Yummm. Looks good enough to eat, very nice job! ~Becky

Paula P. said...

I am running low on soap and I'm already browsing for my next purchase. This looks delicious!

Erin Pikor said...

Oh this sounds so decadent! I love how your name your soapso too - makes them extra special!

Teresa said...

It is GORGEOUS.
I love the surface designs....wow!

Anonymous said...

These look like great soaps I will be posting mine soon after I get off work. This is my first time on here and look forward to getting to know folks here and seeing many beautiful creations of soap

Clara said...

Your soaps are so visually interesting. They're more like little works of art. Great photos too!