Monday, February 15, 2010

Life Line

I want to share this with you. This is an excerpt from the Product Body blog:

".....I have been so supported by all of you and I want to thank you for the undying support and comfort you have given me through this time. I believe it has a lot to do with my sunny outlook on closing the shop. I initially thought closing it indicated my failure, a total catastrophe. I don't see it like that at all now. I see it as my stepping stone; As my way to move forward because I couldn't focus or work hard enough to get enough done, so I was just treading water. Now I feel like I can make product - produce, produce, produce -- - if I need to... and right now, my wholesale customers, including the new ones, are needing the product they have asked for, so I better get moving and mix up the goods!

Thank you and hugs to you.

:)

xo Joanna"

I was sitting and talking to my mother the other night and had a realization that you all are really a large part of my support network. I have my family and a couple of very close friends, but every time I get online, I feel support. My mother chimed in and said, "and admiration!" But that's not what fills me. You coming here and reading, commenting and being part of my little community and sharing your lives with me... well, that is huge for me. That has touched me.

I have had a medically bumpy year and chronic pain is an isolating experience if you haven't experienced it long term. The outpouring of love and concern made me feel so alive and loved. I can not tell you the amount of warmth I felt from you. It was surprising and wonderful. I think this blog was some type of a life line for me. It gave me the pleasure of looking for gorgeous soap and gave me the distraction of having a mission to bring it to you.

I just can't believe it took me this long to realize it.


*

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Truly yours

FuturePrimitive said...

you is our Queen!
x

Unknown said...

I hope this blog every day, disguised as a reading and I like it.

in-between said...

joanna - thank you for sharing your blog and your life with US!

Joanna Schmidt said...

you're welcome. but...no really

thank you!!!

sweetpapaya said...

You are an inspiration, Joanna. Thank you!

Amy W said...

Warm hugs. :)

Dreaming Tree Soapworks said...

We should comment more, but we read your blog religiously and in our own way relate and even share a bit in your triumphs and tribulations. I understand all to well the isolating experience of chronic pain as I suffer from a similar condition as you, and the joy of soap making, fans and supporters of our company, family, and friends truly help me through. I guess I'm saying I'm right there with you girly and keep going!

<3 Meghan

Amber said...

Joanna - You are awesome and an inspiration to many of us who read your blog. It's so great to know that in the midst of hard times, we were helping you stay positive. It's always nice feel needed by friends. :)

I hope I didn't go over my allotted sappiness. I can think of something smart to say if you need me to. :P

luvsoap said...

Your blog keeps everyday life in perspective. There is no glossy, "my-life-is-perfect-everyday" stuff in it. It's the simple beauty of how some fat,lye and fragrance magically turns into something wonderful to bathe with. How can one NOT love it? I have Lupus and the arthritis that goes with it--I feel your pain sister!

Kim said...

You rule, Jo.

Soaps and Bubbles said...

Dear Joanna,
we thank you for your interest in showing us your wonderful talent and sharing your part of life with us. Thank you for the inspiration and the motivation you give other soap makers.
Its nice to know you have special people far far away who like to share their creativity rather than keeping it for themselves.
THANK YOU JO