Saturday, January 10, 2009

**Update On The Mango Lassi**

Can I Drink That Mango Lassi Through My Nose, Please was a cry for help in my fragrance dilemma. One of my favorite suppliers, Brambleberry, discontinued a fragrance that I loved and I was, to say the least, distraught.

Anne-Marie of Brambleberry responded (ever so quickly) with this comment:

Joanna, Just for you, Fresh Baked Bread has gotten a reprieve for one more year. I LOVE it and think it's one of the best fragrances every invented but it just didn't sell terribly well. But, just for you, at least another year and we'll reevaluate sales in January 2010.

Mango Lassi, The 10 pound price is on the site. If you want to spearhead a buy, I can also post to my blog and the Teach Soap Forum and see if there are others that want in with you? I am 100% certain we can help move some pounds. The sales on that one were *so low* (maybe it was the name?) that we wouldn't even sell enough of it in a year to keep it from going bad before it got to you. I really liked the fragrance too ... maybe it was the name?

Woah. Not only do I think Brambleberry's products are top notch, the customer service is fantastic and I think Anne-Marie is a smart business woman and a really nice person. I promised her I'd have to plant a fat kiss on her when I meet her in person.

Love her!

9 comments:

dalene said...

Now you've got me wanting to try fresh-baked bread, too.

And I agree with you about Brambleberry's customer service. They are so friendly and take such good care of their customers. I've been impressed that even though I'm a beginner and don't buy high volume (yet) they treat me so well and always go the extra mile to make sure I'm happy with my order.

Satsuki Rebel said...

I actually haven't bought any product from Brambleberry yet (though I have considered it in the past). Thanks for sharing your experience. I will definitely keep this in mind when I'm ready to decide on my next purchase.

Amy W said...

Anne Marie is right. It's gotta be the name. What is Lassi anyway???? I say have a contest and re-name the stuff. She'll sell tons more!

nikinpos said...

Mango lassi sounds divine! What a shame not more peopel know that a lassi is a lovely cool drink that is very popular in India, made from fresh mango, milk, yoghurt and ice. Maybe it should be renamed Mango smoothie?

Joanna Schmidt said...

The restaurant in NYC that I went to added a splash of rosewater to the lassi. It added a nice hint of exotic.

Heidi said...

I new I loved Bramble Berry for a reason = ) I think I'll be trying some of that fresh baked bread next time I order!

Me said...

I had no idea what Lassi was either but Charlie's description makes it sound awesome!

Unknown said...

Joanna i am interested in the mango lassi.. how do i get in on this?

Anne-Marie said...

Jo,

I'll take that "big fat kiss" anytime! Are you coming to the Guild gathering in Palm Springs? I'll be there, happy to accept that friendly kiss and hug in person =)

Let me know anytime I can help with the Mango Lassi buy ...

Thanks for the sweet blog love. I appreciate it.