Friday, August 29, 2008

Friends Of El Faro - A Message

I blogged about an incredible non-profit organization, Friends Of El Faro, who works with orphaned kids in Tijuana and. I have blogged about it here and here.

This is their message:

Our mission is simple – to show up and help improve the lives of the children of Casa Hogar Sion in anyway we can. Long term, our goal is to purchase land and build them a new home. In the mean time there are hungry children to feed, to shelter, keep safe and send to school.


My cousin Leslie and friend/customer Gena are both in the video.

Spread the word around, because these children need homes. And a chance.

6 comments:

in-between said...

Thank you Joanna, that is a great reminder as to what we can do to make other's lives better. What a great organization.

Gena Kay said...

Dear, dear Jo,
Thank you for sharing this with your world, our world. That's how I feel...that it's all OUR world, no borders, no boundaries. And we should all love each other. As a volunteer with this organization, I have been taught so much by these kids who have nothing material, but have more hope and love to give than imaginable. And the folks involved, well, they're family. That's how I met your cousin, Leslie. I was told today by a friend from San Diego who joined me on a trip to take the kids to the beach:
"I got a real education about the ‘hollywood’ stereotypes that us non-LA folks like to perpetuate. Thank you for helping break those incorrect sterotypes and for all the good thngs you bring to my life."
I received my Etsy store package today, and shall enjoy each second I use them. I'll smell the flowers, or Product Body products in this case! How blessed am I!?
Thanks again Jo, for all you do and all you are, to so many!
Gena Kay, Los Angeles, CA
www.friendsofelfaro.com

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful cause, and so heartwarming when you know there are people who actually care a lot. Making a better tomorrow starts with showing love to kids today.

Joanna Schmidt said...

love you, Les!

Heidi said...

Wow, that is so heart warming. I'm a little choked up. Thanks for introducing us to such a wonderful organization.

Gena Kay said...

And thank YOU, for taking a moment to take a look! love, gena