Sunday, July 20, 2008

Salt Bars In SEXY Laundry Day





These are my salt bars. I have been wanting to make them for months and months and I finally did it! Thank you to Sarah of Ladybug Soapworks, her salt bar tutorial was fabulous. I changed up the oil from avocado (had none) to a blend of castor and soybean oil. I also used a combination of fine Morton table salt ans fine sea salt - I used no large crystals. I noticed that Sarah's bars have wuite a texture to them. Mine are smooth.

The best part of the bars? The absolute heavenly new scent we have introduced at Product Body called SEXY Laundry Day. A super clean, fresh scent with notes of ylang ylang, jasmine and Downy fabric softener. My favorite so far....oooh!


These photographs were taken right after I cut them. They look even better now. I shall take pictures of the cured version and see how much they differ. I have been using the bars as my facial soap and I am loving it so far!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful, Joanna! Pardon my ignorance, but is the salt for exfoliating purposes?

Suds to Love said...

These certainly look better then my first and only attempt at salt bars! Awesome job Joanna.

Carrie Garvin said...

Looks great~ haven't attempted salt bars yet...and the scent sounds WONDERFUL!

dcyrill said...

The soap looks fabulous. I am jealous. :)

koinonia community said...

That sounds wonderful. And they turned out beautiful - so white!

Heidi said...

Great soap Joanna!! I attempted salt bars once...they weren't so great. One of these days I'm going to give it another go. I hope they turn out as nice as yours = )

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Nice work! They look amazing and I love the name of the scent. It makes me feel a little better about the four loads of laundry I do every day! Now I can fantasize that it is sexy instead of kid~grubby! thanks for that! :)

Kim said...

They look really fresh and spa-like. Nice!

Unknown said...

Those look great! I love the pure white. I have been planning to make my future salt bars with fine grain sea salt to see if I like it better than the medium size. With the medium size you have texture with unused bars, but after their first use they become very smooth. Let me know how you like the table salt...maybe I will give that a try too! :)

Justlikehoney! said...

That looks lovely, I want to grab it from my computer screen and rush to shower:)
http://thebathfairy.blogspot.com/