Wednesday, July 30, 2008

MacSoapy

The photo for her profile reminds me a little of the movie "Saw", doesn't it? :)


I have been enjoying a blog written by a German soaper for months now and really enjoy It. Her handle is macsoapy, but her name is Gabriele Kappes and I quite admire her. If I could understand German, I would be very happy to know more about her and the soap she makes, but can only attempt to understand based on the pictures in her blog and when I make out a few words, such as über, das and seife which I think means soap or something close to it. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to languages. I never could pick up much Spanish even after 5 years in school taking Spanish as a concentration. My brain just doesn't work in those terms. I suppose I am more of the creative type. A visual person. I think that's why I excelled in Sign Language after college. In any case, I recently "read" einfachseife blog (macsoapy's blog) and found these great patterns for soap wraps. There is a little English on her blog so I know it states that you could download the patterns and use them for free! I think they are adorable and will solve some packaging wishy washiness. I think they are wonderful and would make great gifts. To see the other patterns and to brush up on your German, go read her post: Neue Seifenbanderolen zum Download. Also, if you haven't checked out her blog, do so. I love to see the things she shares. She co-writes www.thatsoapsite.com which is about soapmaking, soap packaging, recipes, tutorials and more AND she has her own website that shows off her beautiful soaps here.

6 comments:

macsoapy said...

Hello Joanna.
Thank you for your nice words. It's satisfying to see that my readers come from around the globe.
Did you know that I am seriously planning sending you a bar of soap. In a few months I will make a special winter soap (Fruits in snow). This will be shipped to Florida.
And I am a big fan of your blogs since several weeks!!!!!!!

Best wishes
Gabi/macsoapy

Me said...

Those felted soaps that look like purses are adorable! Well, I'm guessing that's what they are since I don't read German either:)

macsoapy said...

Yes, it's felted soap. (In German language: Filzseife)

Heidi said...

I love her blog!!! I kick myself over and over again that I didn't have my grandfather teach me German. His parents came from Germany and he spoke it fluently until the day he died.

I love your soap Macsoapy!! = )

Anonymous said...

Neat! I can't tackle German right now (we're immersed in French, Mandarin, and Spanish and my brain will explode if I try one more language), but it looks like a terrific blog.

Spirit´s Soap Art said...

here you can see more felted soaps
http://spiritssoap.blogspot.com/