Thursday, June 19, 2008

Where's The Soap?

You are probably wondering where is that girl and where are my soap reviews? I have been neglecting my blogs for the last 4 days....I owe you some soap reviews, but I just don't have them. Sometimes I am really, really good at juggling, being a multi tasker wannabe, but I fail outright sometimes. This being the moment of failure. I haven't photographed the soaps that are up for review ad I must say that when I don't photograph them, my review doesn't give the soap the justice it deserves. I know how easy it is to pull the images from the soap company's website, but then I've cheated...you don't really know I've actually had the bar in my possession, in my home, in my shower, on my skin and finally up against my dull razor.

So what happened to me this week. I had new programs to learn at work, and with orders and learning a new contact system on my computer, I've exhausted my brain, I think. When the babes go to sleep, I haven't been wanting to whip up a batch of soap or write or do much of anything except sit around and watch mindless TV shows, like Deadliest Catch or Hell's Kitchen. I've been more about observing the world and not so much participating in it.

I hope I get my mojo back (a friend's nickname for me...boring story).

In the A.M. I am planning on photographing the soaps and taking a cruise into the shower with them and feeling the magic of saponification!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl...relax!
I know you're one of those "gotta blog!" bloggers, and I love y'all. But...life happens and it gets tight sometimes, and to be honest, blogging becomes the last thing on my mind. So...relax.

Carrie Garvin said...

Body, mind & soul...needs rest. Doing something mindless for a bit, may be the ticket to re-energize.

Hugs

dcyrill said...

You are human and we all have moments when we have to fall back. This is one of those times for you. Get your rest, pig out, watch tv and then just get back in the groove when you are ready. We love you and will be waiting with anticipation for the next review. :)

Unknown said...

What everyone else said. Life happens. Here's wishing you lots of soaping mojo.

koinonia community said...

Whew! I'm not the only one this week....

Heidi said...

Now we know you're just like the rest of us = )

Its about time he got rid of Jen, dontcha think...

Anonymous said...

Hehehe...sometimes I put off soapmaking for Hell's Kitchen too! I've recorded so many on my DVR I watch a whole season back to back! Good luck with your relaxation!

Char
White Lye Soap Co.
www.whitelyesoap.com
www.whitelyesoapco.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Hope you'll feel rejuvenated after taking some time to veg and re-charge. Soap reviews can wait (the world continues to revolve), but your health, mental and physical, is much more important.

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

ha yes Jen needed to go!

anyway breaks are allowed and we are all here when you are all caught up in life :)

Joanna Schmidt said...

What a big group of you coming out to pat me on the back. You all are too much! I know that when people fail to post, I get bored and stop coming, so I wanted you all to know it was temporary.

Yeah, Jen was awful,wasn't she?

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Seriously, Joanna! Who would stop coming to visit you and your blog?
Not me! Take a break, would ya?!
Even better... how about a nice bath?
xoxo Heather

Joanna Schmidt said...

I haven't taken a bath in years. Is that possible?

Unknown said...

I'd take a nice long soak in the tub ANYDAY over a shower! I'm the bathtub queen and I wear that crown proudly. I might be willing to share that crown for a day or two, though.

Michelle said...

I totally know where you're coming from :(

nikinpos said...

Everybody needs blog breaks every now and then, dont worry! Thanks for commenting on my soap blog (secret bubbles), I feel very lucky to have cought your attention!. Who knows, one day I might be brave enough to send you some too!